Our Fourth Diagnosis
Diagnosed with HLH, ruled out
Diagnosed with LAD, indefinite needs testing
Diagnosed with MDS, indefinite needs testing
Diagnosed back with LAD, tested in SG and ruled out
And now Diagnosed with JMML, waiting for a formal output and confirmatory diagnosis from a 2nd opinion.
Caitie is diagnosed with JMML. Juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia. A rare childhood cancer that is difficult to diagnose. Thankful with the technology support of NUH, in just 9 days they are able to source out the primarily illness. This in itself is already long. They usually get things done faster.
Caitie is finishing her antibiotic medication for her bacteria from her gut that went to her blood until the 6th of march and once completely confirmed then we will start low dose oral chemo to observe her response. After, a Bone Marrow Transplant will be performed after 2-3 months.
We praise God not because of having a diagnosis of Leukemia, but because of the opportunity to give thanks and to depend solely on Him. and that He sustained and continues to sustain Caitie for so long.
While we wait for the formal written diagnosis, we hope the doctors on Friday who will come for a convention would concur the diagnosis.
During this time, we will prepare, do our part and best while we pray until March 6. And make a final decision on March 7.
1. God’s word – what are Gods promises and what does God say in His word for us to do.
2. Approval of authority – 2nd opinion this Friday to confirm diagnosis. How timely that a scheduled convention will happen this weekend and someone who specializes with JMML will hopefully take a look a this case to confirm or say otherwise.
3. Opportunities – a place to live in Singapore, visa pass not just for us 3, but also for our younger son and helper, a bank account in Sg, our work in Manila, belongings in Manila, where to do the treatment, and most especially the funding for all of these approximately at least 10million for transplant + hospitalization on top of lodging and daily living. We do not have a definite cost because JMML being to rare doesn’t have a fixed protocol.
4. In line with prayer – what is our hearts desire for the family
5. Peace of heart – to go through or not go through the path.
If all of the above is a yes, then it’s a go.
God will not leave us nor abandon us during this long time.
God has sustained Caitie and caused miracles while we waited. And He can do that if and while she goes through the process and not cause her unnecessary pain too.
We read about the story of David and Goliath, it’s one of Caitie’s favorite stories in the bible. Like David we are faced with a physical giant before us, but his response was that with a perspective from God’s point of view. With God’s confidence he was able to focus, answer back all Goliath’s taunts, and struck him down with a single stone. He was a big target that was hard to miss. We are praying for that same confidence that can topple Giants, because the same God with David is the same God with us today. He is real. He is alive! We still claim a miracle for Caitie, because if He wants He can just heal Caitie.
“Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea’, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him. Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them and they will be granted you.”
A miracle is still possible. Will you believe with me? Not until the 7th, Our faith can still move this mountain!
Our little girl has gone through a lot. So much… Just too much to get to a diagnosis that will cause her much more pain. She has carried so much… Her pain and her journey to get a diagnosis is just too much…then we will end up with a treatment that will just extend our pain.
I am encouraged with this passage to still pray for a miracle.
It begins with Jesus triumphal entry with the colt. People calling him hosanna in the highest… Then he saw the fig tree that did not bear fruit – he cursed it. Then he got mad at the temple for making it a market place… Then the disciples saw the fig tree again…
“As they were passing by in the morning, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots up. Being reminded, Peter said to Him, “Rabbi, look, the fig tree which You cursed has withered.”
And Jesus answered saying to them, “Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him. Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you. Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions. [ But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions.” ]”
How did this speak to me?
1. Jesus triumphal entry – Jesus is being known to many. Many will call on to him and be Lord.
2. The fig tree- he checks the heart of people – after calling on to him – did they really believe and bear fruit.
3. Market place – they have forgotten what true worship is about – it’s all money making and not pointing people to Jesus.
4. fig tree explanation – only those whose faith never wavers sees the big miracle.
Today I am like caleb and Joshua who saw the promise land and never feared, doubted and got scared. Instead depended on Jesus for his finish work. I am encourage to still pray for Miracles for Caitie!
Yes we can.